Collabria Credit Cards - Charging you interest when they shouldn't

1.4
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Update by user Nov 27

I totally forgot to mention that when I called to discuss my issue - and I was perfectly reasonable and polite, the first man that I spoke to simply hung up on me after I explained what had happened! On my second phone call to the company I started the conversation by saying "please don't hang up on me as your associate did". The representative gave me some explanation for what could have happened ....but it was pretty clear that he hung up on me .

Original review posted by user Nov 26

My Bank recently switched from Cuets Interior Savings Master card to Collabria Interior Savings Master card- I have no idea why Cuets was amazing and I had their card for 17 years without a single problem. I always received their statements at my home (that I lived in for 10 years) on time without any issue.

As soon as my bank switched to Collabria I suddenly no longer was receiving statements. I had a balance on the card because Cuets often offered a low interest rate if you transferred a balance from one credit card to another. I continued to pay 500-1000$ a month to my credit card using my old card # and as time went by I realized - man its really been too long and not only have I never received a statement but I have not received my new card either!? So I called customer service and informed them of this issue and about 2 weeks later I got my credit card and maybe 2 weeks after that my 1st statement ....

which informed me that my great low interest rate had clearly had not transferred over onto this new card. Learning of this I called to Collabria Interior Savings Master card to discuss how we could deal with the interest that I had been charged - they suggested that it was my fault that I had not received the statments, even though I had lived at the same address for the last 10 years and Cuets Interior Savings Master card never seemed to have any issue getting the statements to me, and when they finally came to accept that fact then they began to blame Canada Post for making the error. I asked them why they wouldn't contact their clients to advise them that there seemed to be some issue with their address - the response to this was that it wasn't their job in that department to do that but the job of someone in the back dept to do that. She then basically accused me of lying about the fact that I had done a balance transfer from one credit card onto what was previously my Cuets Interior Savings card and suggested that MAYBE Interior Savings would be able to help me get some of the interest back ....

just how is the credit union going to give me interest back that a 3rd party took from me I ask? I paid off the balance on the card ... and as soon as that goes through I will cancel the card - but consider yourselves fair warned ... their customer services serves no one but them.

I also have a Capital One Master Card and EVERY time there has been any tiny issue they have been happy to help - even reversing interest when they have charged me in error which happens so make sure you pay attention to your statements people!

Collabria - has only their interests in mind - I mean I have been a client for 17 years and never once was I late a payment.... and now I am gone - seems like a waste for a couple of hundred bucks right?

Product or Service Mentioned: Collabria Credit Cards Credit Card.

• Collabria Bad Service
  • Poor Service Collabria
  • Collabria Scam
  • No Statement From Collabria
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 26.